Best Bottom Organic Hemp/Cotton Inserts
Best Bottom Organic Hemp/Cotton Inserts are available in three sizes (small, medium and large) to fit perfectly into your Best Bottom diaper at any age. The Hemp/Cotton Inserts consist of 5 layers of hemp/Certified Organic cotton topped with a soft layer of hemp/Certified Organic cotton fleece. This insert is so trim your baby will be able to wear jeans again! Please note that hemp inserts may appear large initially, but will shrink slightly with the first washes making them consistent with the other insert sizes.
Small: Birth to 14 lbs (green stitching)
Medium: 11-22 lbs (white stitching)
Large: 16-35 lbs (blue stitching)
How do Best Bottom Diapers work?
The Best Bottom diaper system contains 2 elements: the reusable diaper cover made of a double layer of PUL and your choice of snap-in inserts.
1. Take out a Best Bottom diaper cover and an insert.
2. Adjust the front snaps on the cover to achieve the size needed.
3. Snap in an absorbent insert. Best Bottom offers stay-dry microfiber or organic hemp/cotton inserts, and now overnight inserts.
4. Place it on your baby. Done!
5. If your baby's insert is wet, open the diaper, remove the soiled insert, and simply snap in a fresh, clean insert and you are ready to go. The Best Bottom diaper is also wipe-able, and we recommend allowing them to air dry between uses..
How many diapers do you need?
We recommend getting as many diaper covers as your baby makes poos in a 2-3 day time period. We have found that poo does stay on the insert most of the time but in some cases it may not (it will stay in the diaper cover avoiding an embarassing mess!). The absorbent Best Bottom inserts are available in three sizes: small, medium and large. We don't believe in a one size insert. Newborns and toddlers are not the same size so in order for a one size insert to absorb enough for a toddler it will be HUGE on a newborn. We recommend approximately 24 inserts per size.
So to make it SIMPLE you will need approx 8-10 shells and 18-24 inserts per size.
If you have a heavy wetter, we recommend using Best Bottom Doublers to add more absorbency to the diaper.
How to take care of Best Bottom diapers
We recommend washing every 2-3 days. We have found that the Best Bottom system washes beautifully as it takes up less space in your washing machine allowing more room for agitation getting your diapers super clean.
1. Remove solids
2. Reuse the shell until soiled or wash day. Separate shell from insert before washing. Fasten laundry tabs (if applicable).
3. Do a cold rinse or cold quick wash (no detergent).
4. Warm or hot (not "sanitary") full wash with 3/4 to full amount of additive-free detergent. Use the most amount of water possible.
**Tip! Throw a soaking wet towel into your washing machine to “trick” it into using more water**
5. Extra rinse.
6. Inserts can be tumble dried. Shells should be line dried.
***No fabric softeners, dryer sheets or additives such as vinegar, baking soda, washing soda, borax, oxyclean, etc. should be used. Rash creams can only be used with a barrier between baby and the diaper. We know that additive-free detergents work and are least likely to cause any problems with your diapers. However, we have done extensive testing with Tide Original and know that it works with our diapers.
Made in USA